Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Robot Story

It's done.  
For weeks, Carter has been writing and illustrating his own story.
He wrote it all himself, with parents helping only when he asked how to spell some words.

Today he took his book to preschool and read it to his class.
I LOVED seeing how proud he was of his work!
 
"The Robots:  Carter & Addison's Story"
In a city named Jack-o-lantern, something was bad!  
Evil Robots were coming to their city!  
They were scared.
They didn't know what to do.  
They were scared of the robots but they didn't know the robots were nice. They...
...thought the robots were evil, but they were not evil.  
The people and the robots kept on going talking about this...
...for months.
They stopped right before Carter's Birthday!
Carter's birthday was so super super super super fun -- full of...
...FUN!
The Robots had so much fun -- 
so much fun that the robots stayed at Carter's house.
We all were playing...
...with robots.
Carter loved all the robots at his birthday party.
That's why they stayed at Carter's house.
But wait a second!
Oh-No!  B-b-b-but wait!
These robots are the evil robots that killed the good robots!
But one day the good and bad robots got in a fight, 
but the good robots won and they got a trophy.
Now the robots are happy again.
The End.

If you get a "secint", send a comment, an email, or a wink next time you see him,
and tell him that you liked it, too.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Love it! What a creative kid. Can't wait to tell him how much I enjoyed.

Molly said...

Oh my goodness, Carter! What a great story! I can't believe you wrote a story that long and even drew pictures for every page! I loved it.

Brent Hicken said...

Great story, Carter! You can write and draw very well. And your letters and words are very easy to read. I was able to read everything on every page. I'm glad you added that the robots were happy again at the end.

The Fredericks said...

I loved it, Carter! You are a great writer and an incredible artist. Keep it up! Aunt Janae

Sunny said...

Wow! Great work. Won't be long and he'll be building the robots, too.

The Burgoynes said...

Wow, Carter! You're a real author! Kerri, have you considered making this into a hardcover book though Lulu?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Carter! I just read your story and LOVED it! I thought your title was GREAT! You called it "The Robots: Carter and Addison's Story." I love how you included Addison. That is AWESOME!!

There are three other things I loved about your story, too:

1. the pictures are way cool! I love the colors you choose and the interesting shapes and the faces with big eyes and antennas and interesting mouths!! I espepcially adore the one in the last box!

2. I could easily read every single word because you wrote them carefully and clearly!

3. Your story is very interesting! I was glad to read to the end and find out that the good robots ended up being the winners and got a trophy! That must mean that your birthday party was a success, right?

Thanks for sharing, Carter! I love you!!

Kerri said...

thaks for all your comments . i want you to come over to my house day aftr day if you have.a schedule. I want you to come over for my birthday.

from carter