Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Is This What They Call a Shopaholic?


To All Men:

If you went shopping yesterday and just couldn't find your size, I'm sorry.  This might be why:
 
It was me.  I bought them out.  Steve's been too busy to go shopping for himself, so the kids and I conquered the mall yesterday and brought the shopping to him to try on, choose, and I'll return it later. 

2 Belts
5 Ties
10 Pairs of Brown Shoes
23 Pairs of Khaki Pants

Anyone want to guess how much that would all cost?
Steve guessed $900.
Cheri guessed $1150.

My Credit Card company, however, guessed something much higher, and put our credit card on FRAUD ALERT just before the last purchase.  This could have something to do with my wild shopping spree.  It could also have been triggered by Steve's attempt to puchase a flight for immediate departure at the same time.  "Someone's on a shopping rampage and trying to flee the country!  Quick -- freeze the account!"  As much as I appreciate the protection, I did not appreciate the 30 minute delay in my final shoe purchases.
I must confess, I loved being a personal shopper.

And this morning I successfully made all my returns.
Total Spent:  $1757.76
Total Returned:  $1553.77

HOLY COW!
I was just doing a $100-$200 purchases here and there...WOW how it adds up!  Happily, our credit card is happily back to normal, with the $1500 + back safe and sound.
All's well that Ends well.  And Steve's Store is closing business until next season.

4 comments:

Molly said...

HAHAHA! This is SO you. It had never occurred to me to buy a bunch of stuff and then return half of it (or most of it) until I met you at BYU and you introduced me to your way of shopping. Maybe it was because you had a credit card at the time. That kind of thing doesn't work when you only have $200 in your checking account. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Would you take me shopping sometime?????? Please??????? Dad M.

Ashley said...

So this started back at BYU? Hmm....

Kerri said...

Oh no no no, dear, this started LONG LONG LONG ago...When the day of 8th grade graduation rolled around, I had a total of 5 dresses hanging in my closet to choose from (4 went back to the store later). And even before that, my Mom's little mantra whenever we were given presents was, "No if you don't like it, or it's not your style, or it doesn't fit, I have more in the other room."

I guess some things are genetic :)