Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Come out Come out Wherever you are...

So, when is this baby girl going to be born? She was due on August 13th. She's still inside, and running out of room (trust me, I can feel it!).

  • After 2 nights of Italian and 1 night of spicy Mexican? Nope
  • After our 3 mile walk on Saturday to hopefully get things moving? Nope
  • After my 40 minute walk around our neighborhood Monday night? Nope
  • At the Enrichment night that I was in charge of planning but had no intention of being at because the baby was due before then? Nope, that happened last night--and it was AWESOME!
  • During the relaxing Yoga Class last night? Nope.
  • After going to the zoo today with my kids and friends? Nope, though I give myself a LOT of credit for being brave enough to go a) so far in the car and b) with so much walking and c) with such an involved activity with the kids--i.e. lifting, chasing, etc.
  • Fine. Castor Oil, here I come.....YEAH RIGHT!!!

So it looks like this sweet baby girl WILL be born on Friday, at 3:00, via C-Section.

So why a C-Section?

We've patiently waited and tried everything for a VBAC, but have always only wanted what would be the best for my body and the baby. We've run out of time and options. And besides, it feels like she's trying to claw through my belly button.

Otherwise:

Is it because I'm sick of waiting? Absolutely NOT! Don't you think I realize it's easier to take care of 3 kids if one of them is inside and not crying or needing to be changed or fed?

Is it because the Dr.s are sick of waiting? No. It has been impressive for me to even find a practice that would CONSIDER a VBAC for a patient with 2 previous emergency C-Sections. They have been supportive as long as both I and the baby were healthy. They even allowed me to go past my due date, which is generally unheard of in the C-Section/VBAC world.

Is it because the Dr.s are concerned about their risks/liability? No.

As far as we know, it's because I was born with a glitch. Where I saw my 2 past Emergency C-Sections as 2 unrelated events, these doctors have been able to review my medical history and see a pattern I was unable to see. So bottom-line, my body just can not deliver babies the normal way. We've waited it out, giving my body any opportunity to prove me wrong, but now it's time to move on. I accept it. I feel fine about it. I wish I didn't have to go through the recovery of this intense surgery. I wish I could experience what our bodies were meant to experience. But I must admit, something is exciting about not having to go through labor this time...

...I say that, and watch...I'll go into labor tonight. Wouldn't I be swallowing all my words at that point.

7 comments:

Maryle said...

I wish the best for you and baby girl! Jared and I will pray for you, and that everything will go well with the surgery and that you will recover well.
P.S.
You are AMAZING!!!

The Fifes said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you friday! I'm due in less than 2 weeks... so we'll see how soon this little guy will make his appearance.

Brandi said...

Yep. Just get that baby girl here the best way for your body! It doesn't make you love them any more or any less. The 3rd c-section recovery for me was much better than my previous two, so I'll cross my fingers for you!

Good luck! Girls are stubborn before they even enter this world, aren't they?

Stefani said...

Hurrah for modern medicine! I'm glad you are able to bring more Maduras into the world even if it has to be by c-section. More of you guys to love!

lindsay said...

I'm glad you finally feel at peace with the C-section thing. I know its yucky, but she'll be here and after a few weeks it won't matter which way she came out. We can't wait to meet her! And you were so brave to do the zoo. It was a blast!

kjha said...

Good luck with everything! My third baby was 8 days late so I can relate!

Katie said...

Good luck! We'll sure be thinking about you on Friday. (Every time I see you've posted something new, I think, "Ooh, did she have the baby?":))