Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Because I think I'm...Smart?

My apologies for the last post...you were right...it was dumb. I'll make up for it in time.
94 Degrees with 90% or more humidity...what a weekend for our air conditioning bill! Inside working on some projects, I was hearing the constant booms of fireworks...not an unusual affair in our neighborhood (though it's illegal) and since I knew there were a few parties going on, I stepped out to see the show. I was AMAZED that no one was doing fireworks, and the sky was just filled with spectacular heat lightning.

I called to Steve inside, "Come out here, quickly!" and explained to him how I had come to discover this lightning show. "It's amazing that the thunder sounds just like fireworks." I had never heard thunder be so rhythmic and short....

...and then we saw a firework above the trees a few miles away. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

2 comments:

The Burgoynes said...

Awesome, Kerri. And good on you for posting it on your blog! No shame. Is that a picture of the lightning?

Kerri said...

Thanks google images...Wouldn't you know the NIGHT we were packing the hospital bag (which is a first for us; the past 2 times I've been telling Steve what to put in amidst contractions) our XD-picture card got damaged so we needed to get a new one. Done and Done at this point, and still no baby, so we're prepared.