Have you seen this article?
A young, feminist atheist who can't bake a cupcake confesses she's addicted to the shiny, happy lives of the Mormon Mommy Blogs. {her words, not mine}
But why?
First, we have an addictively positive attitude and refreshing perspective on life.
Second, because we DO try to put our focus on our family.
And third, because we do not actually live picture perfect lives. But it gives us a chance to remember the positive, focus on the humorous, and live the bloggable moments. It challenges us to do more today than we did yesterday. It encourages us to live moments that are memorable. At least, that's how I feel.
Since starting my blog, I've lived more meaningfully. I've lived in the moments. I've taken pictures of the mundane and found the spectacular. It reminds me that every day is writing another page in our life's story. A small way to help me and my family become more "shiny". {her word, not mine}
Why do you blog?
(Oh, you came here for a birthday update? Oh, you have no idea. I am on such a birthday high right now, I can't even bring myself to writing the right words for how amazing it was. But soon. Soon. I promise. Once I feel ready to wake up and face the real world tomorrow. Until then, I'm going to let my memories of the hot-stone massage soak in a little longer.)



No comments:
Post a Comment