Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Key Lime Cove

Arrive in Shoes
Leave in Sandals
Because despite the 15 degree weather outside,
you just tasted something tropical.
And as the snow continues all week,
at least you have the memories.

Bonding




Gaming

Like Mother like daughter, Like Father like sons.
Alana couldn't get ENOUGH of this jump rope game, and Dance Dance Revolution (That's Mom's pick)
The boys tried EVERY racing car game they had. (Like Daddy!)
Agreeably, the motorcycles were the best
which Carter actually got 1st place on, beating out all 7 computer competitors.
Should I be proud of his gaming abilities?
 (SOO not a fan of video games and I avoid them like a plague.)

Smiles All Around
 they were giving these out for free!
{the smiles, and reasons to do so}

Maxin' and Relaxin' in the Lazy River
 I jogged around this twice while pushing Carter's tube, and maaan, my legs were burning (per water resistance--I may just go join those old ladies for water aerobics--it's a GREAT workout!)


Eating Out
 
...and in.  We learned from last time the CONVENIENCE of bringing our own snacks, lunch makings, and cereals and cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

Courage
 
...to go under the giant bucket to show the kids "See!  It's not scary!"
...the kids going on ALL the slides, even the big ones they were frightened of last year
...Alana going slide after slide after slide, by herself.
 We often overheard parents ahh-ing over her (duh!) and saying to their more timid kids "See, if a baby can do it..."

And in the end, we discovered we are still a
Family of Friends
who enjoy just being together.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like so much fun! Good for you guys!

Jennie said...

I want to go now. And Alana WOW, no fear.

Braden and Cheri said...

I really love this post. So sweet, so perfectly put together. And I love the reenactment of the picture in your right hand column. The kids are definitely bigger! Way to go ALANA!!! (on the slide, not the growing, though that's an accomplishment too.)