Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Kid Fairy

Let me introduce you to the Kid Fairy, though perhaps she's already stopped by your house.
She's the Tooth Fairy's sister, and both are set out to trade you for something at night, leaving you something better.
The Kid Fairy must have stopped by last night because this morning, I came downstairs to find this:
While I was getting dressed, Carter got breakfast ready for EVERYONE.

Bowls out.
4 cereals out -- from the top shelf of the pantry, 2 of which he had to open himself.
2 Gallons of Milk out -- from the top shelf of the fridge.

Cereals poured.
Milk poured.
Not a drop on the table.

Amazing.

And then there was the "Make Dinner for the Family" offer he insisted upon a few weeks ago.

I wasn't allowed to help.
I wasn't allowed to know what was on the menu.
He insisted we had all the ingredients.

"Okay!"

When he found we didn't have any bread, was he deterred?
No sir!

Here is his fine delicacy:

Peanut Butter & Jelly Graham Cracker Sandwiches, Yogurt, and Milk


It was actually delicious.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! Send him over to our house!

Jennie said...

love it, and I agree that is a great dinner. I bet you were happy he didn't try to cook in the oven. :)What a great big brother he is

Braden and Cheri said...

wow! What a kid! And also, what a mom for letting him do it!

Kerri said...

I'm sorry, but who WOULDN'T jump at the chance for someone else to cook dinner, albeit a 4 year old?