Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Friday, January 21, 2011

And so it goes...

Ah yeah!  I'm awesome! 
Or so I thought until 32 minutes ago.

This morning, our family had everything under control.  We were all showered, dressed, beds made, breakfast fed, breakfast cleaned up, garbage out, shoes on and out the door--by 8:40.  10 minutes ahead of schedule.

At this point I'm feeling, "Wow!  I can DO this day!"

I drop off Carter at preschool.  He's the first kid there.  I'm feeling successful.

Now on to the errands: Drop off Dry Cleaning, Go to Joann's, Walmart, and the Disney Store. Let the kids play at the mall park for a little while (because I'm just feeling like that kind of mom), then get the kids in the stroller without a fight to go to Meijer for birthday supplies (for a certain someone turning 3).

I'm in line and check my watch.  WOW!  I'm just in time.  I'm feeling awesome.  Now if we just get this line moving... 

Okay, in my defense, the lady ahead of me was having credit card issues which had me stuck in line for an extra 10 minutes, so I WOULD have been RIGHT on time to pick up Carter.  I even contained my tendency to growl in circumstances such as these, and instead chose to look on the bright side of life (ie read all the magazine headlines).  I wasn't going to let a few minutes get me down.  NOPE.  I had a GREAT morning of productivity and was feeling pretty superwoman-esque.

AND my kids were happy the whole time.  AND I was a sweet, kind and involved mom, too.  Double points.

Just for safe measure, let's also add this was a total of 4 in&outs of the car for the kids in negative degree coldness outside.  Triple points.

In the car again, and I felt GREAT!  I felt surrounded by a euphoric bubble of productivityAnd to prove it, I turned off the children's music and for once turned on the radio -- what I wanted to listen to.  Who cares that I didn't know the song.  I was boppin', I was hoppin', and I was having a great time in the car on my way to pick up Carter when....

...my cell phone rang...

"KERRI!  ARE YOU OKAY????"

"Yeah!!  Wahoo, it's a great day!  Why wouldn't I be okay???"

"Your visiting teachers stopped by for their appointment at 10:30 and said you weren't there so they were worried..."

AAAAGH!!!!!!

For the first time in 5 years, I completely FORGOT about these two friends coming over!

YES it was on my calendar.
YES we confirmed just the day before.
YES I had told Steve last night they were coming.

But somehow, when I woke up this morning, all I thought I had on the calendar was to conquer the world.  And I did.

Until I forgot what I was REALLY supposed to be doing.

Drat.
Remember the bubble of productivity? 
Consider it popped.

Sorry, ladies!  Forgive me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we have learned anything from hours of 80’s TV, “You take the good, you take the bad, you put them together and what do you have, the Facts of Life...the Facts of Life”

Don’t you dare get down on yourself; you have had a great day! Keep up the pace!

Tackle the junk drawer!

Well, let's not get crazy...

Hubby

Jennie said...

believe me we don't blame you, we have slipped up once or twice and forgot things too. :) You taught me that I better program your cell phone number in my phone now.

Stephanee said...

Hahaha! Glad to know that I'm not the only one. Sometimes moms just have so many things to keep track of that once in a while we lose an item. I'm sure your V-T'ers will forgive you.

Katie said...

I have to say, that morning was so impressive that forgetting the vts can't negate all the good!