Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to Addison --Dr Seuss Style

There's one thing that we know just how to do
and that's how to say "Happy Birthday to You!"

At home, every year, on the day you were born
We start the day right in the bright early morn
With balloons in your room so you wake up and play,
A first-thing reminder that TODAY IS YOUR DAY!



And since we are celebrating YOU in our life,
Today we will do just whatever you like.
We'll start with your favorites: yogurt and fruit.
And to make it more special, we'll add whipped cream, to boot!


After breakfast and playing and ballooning around
Off we will go to your first party in town.
Since jumping and sliding and being happy is your thing
There's only one place for this wild fling!


Then after all this, I've got a hunch
It's time to eat our Birthday Lunch
Where to? We will ask. It's your choice, you know!
So off to the carwash with pizza we'll go!
That's right: ordered pizza from your favorite place
And drove through the carwash while stuffing your face!



Because that's what we do when it's your birthday time.
We celebrate YOU and feel glad that you're mine.
You're YOU! That is grand, and nobody else
Could ever replace you, for you're your best self!
From east of the East-est to west of the West-est
We've searched the whole world, and you are the best-est!


We want everyone to know, so off we will go
to the best train restaurant in town that we know.
They'll deliver your food on a steam engine track
With how happy you were, we're sure to go back!


Then home again-home again, with grandparents and friends
there's one more tradition before the celebration ends.
Bring out the parachute, balloons, and the fun.
For an hour we'll play, may we never be done!



When you make your wish I hope it will be
to stay with us forever, with your family.


Today you are you!  That is truer than true!
There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
Shout loud, "I am lucky to be what I am!
I am what I am!  That's a great thing to be!
If I say so myself, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!"

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, such a cute poem! Happy Birthday, Addison; we're glad you're our friend!

Braden and Cheri said...

Um...serioulsy? Did you honestly write that?! Wow!! Dr. Seuss, move over! (or roll over would be more appropraite, I guess)

What a fun day! you guys are incredible!!

Happy birthday Addison!!

Ashley said...

You are so awesome! What a great mom and what a special day!