Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Sunday, January 23, 2011

This year Takes The Cake!

We've made a few birthday cakes in our day, but in our {humble} opinion, Addison's THIRD birthday cake is our favorite:

Lightning McQueen at the finish Line
His Crew Chief Doc cheers him on
The crowd goes WILD as the King makes his final turn
with Chick Hicks close behind



To review the cakes in years past, and - for better or worse -we've made every one:
Carter's 1!

Carter's 2!

And as if we couldn't go MORE 3D, this is
Carter's cake when he turned 3!
Not the prettiest, per se,
but the most work by far!
I'm mostly proud of the frosting ladder.

Carter's 4!
Thomas the train, resembling his 2 year old train,
but it has a Thomas face on it.
And notice the cars waiting at the
Railroad Crossing.
This was the special touch that made him smile.

Addison's 1st cake!
I think the marshmallow lights are cute :)

Addison's Dino cake when he turned 2!


And there was this unfortunate cake,
that refused to be blogged until this moment,
since it looks more like a preschool project,
and I am still fully embarrassed...
...thankfully I have little fingers to blame that
found the cake on the counter before the picture was taken...
...as if that excuses very much.
Ugliest Cake Award goes to Alana's 1st cake.
Stick to the boy cakes, Kerri.
So, there you have it.  My frosting artwork, for whatever it's worth.
What do you think...

...Does this year's Lightning McQueen cake
Take the Cake?
pun unfortunately and pitifully was untended.

If so, you agree with Addison!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

I love the mcqueen cake, if Jared is still loving mcqueen and cars I am hiring you to make the cake. :) All of your cakes look great but I agree this one was the best.

Bryson Mortensen said...

I am absolutely impressed with your birthday cakes! (even the butterfly! the color combinations were quite good!) To make you feel better, you should check out http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ on every day but Sunday, the post some of the most hysterical PROFESSIONAL cakes I have ever seen.

Katie said...

I love them all. They all show how well you know your kids, and the amount of work shows your love for them! Well done!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Happy birthday to Addison!! And way to ROCK the cakes Kerri. Here's hoping that we can still be friends even though I buy my cakes (said in a whisper). Though now, I'm feeling all motivated like maybe I should try to get all homemakerish and try to actually make a cake. You inspire me!

Molly said...

Love it!! And Alana's 1-year cake is hilarious. It's really not that bad, but if you want, you can tell people it's a butterfly on a windshield... ;)

Braden and Cheri said...

wow...um...I'm never decorating a cake again! I'm ashamed!

thanks for the laugh with Alana's cake. that was too funny.