Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Let's make a game of it!

How did we go from this:
 To this:
While using the kids and keeping the smiles?

We had a Clean Clothes Relay!
All the laundry piled high on the bed, with 3 bins on the floor for each kid's stuff.

On your marks,
Get set,
Go!

Run to the pile and choose a piece of clothing.
Run and put it in the right person's bin!
All the way until the pile's all gone!
So fun! 

Then Carter and I folded them all (with Addison's help (is that the right word?)) and made that a game by racing a song on the radio, racing a commercial break, etc.

Who knew house work could be so fun and cooperative!

3 comments:

Braden and Cheri said...

way to go!! We'll have to try that.

Here's another idea when you need to hang things up. I ask for "Hanger Helpers". They jump on the bed and I give them each a stack of hangers. I hold something up and ask "What hanger goes with this?" One of them hands me a hanger, I hang it up and go to the next. They love choosing the hangers and stick with it the whole time.

Anonymous said...

My wife is awesome!

The Burgoynes said...

did you get the idea from the book I gave you for Christmas?