I have never tasted anything else in my life that tastes more like smelly socks.
Except, perhaps, Old Sock Stew. Just like Mom used to make.
And this story will change your Jam buying habits forever.
I habitually spread this jam on our bread one morning, and thought,
"Hmmm...this tastes kind of fishy." {meaning "weird"}
(I promise you those were my real words and I haven't altered them for the purpose of this post).
So, casually, I turned the label to the back to read the ingredients.
Shocked, I spit it out and threw away the whole jar.
I read (and straight from the Walmart website I copy and paste):
Ingredients: Strawberries, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Pectin, Citric Acid. Allergy Warning: May Contain Traces Of Milk, Eggs, Anchovies, Peanuts, Wheat And Soy.
I'm sorry, but in the entire Walmart plant, was there just NO ROOM to process fruit preserves and fish in separate areas? Surely they could have thought of something.





3 comments:
Gross! Now I need to go read the ingredients on my jam jar.
Also, we're still waiting for the b-day details...on pins and needles over here...
Gross!!!! I have been against buying store bought jam for a while (because homemade tastes so much better and is cheaper to make), but now you have given me even more of a reason to never buy it again:). Thanks Kerri!!!!
guess you all got your share of the anchovies in the jam. ok today I did not see you again at preschool and I am still waiting too for the blog update of the bday surprise.
Post a Comment