Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Too much TV -- not enough scriptures

Yesterday Carter and I were sitting side by side reading our own scriptures.
He was reading in Luke about the birth of the Savior.

"Hey Mom", he whispered, "Lucas, in my class, has a nickname that's Luke, too."


"Oh yeah, just like Luke who wrote in the Bible,"  I replied, peacefully completing the relate-life-to-what-he-reads circle, with a hinted attempt to get him back to reading.




"Yeah," he replied with a half-hearted sigh.  Then he perked up, and in a more important tone added,
"Or like Luke from Gilmore Girls!"

Point taken.

4 comments:

the Rowleys said...

don't you feel like your bubble gets burst when that happens. I decided to play classical music in the car when driving, and what did Handsome say "Hey mom, I've heard this song before" me being all proud said where? "On Mario and Sonic and the Winter Oplympic Games during the ice skating!" so I guess my little one is getting cultured with Wii games. :)

Baby Oven said...

Well if it makes you feel better I like both Lukes. On a bright note, at least he knew who Luke from the Bible was so you should be proud about that. Way to go Super Mom! btw - Happy 30th Birthday today!

Katie said...

HaHaHa!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.