Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Spelling Bee here he comes!

"Mama! Come Quick! I have to show you something!"
"What? What is it?"
"I spelled Penguin!"
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah!"
Sure enough, he did! Phonetically.

I am SOO impressed! Next he spelled "Fun" and "Hulo"[hello], all by himself! And he's getting more excited about reading and sounding out the words he sees. I'd love to list it all, but some highlights have been when the other day, he read CAVE correctly, while we were on an adventure! He also found our Scene It game and said it was like Elder Scott. Things like that are happening every day, and it is so fun!

Thank you Leap Frog DVDs!

6 comments:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

WOW Kerri that is awesome Porter is obsesses with his ABC's, he has started to say some of the sounds the letters say "S" and "F" are his favs! But seriously that is so exciting!!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Sorry no spell checking, Carter is going to be better than me before you know it!!!!

kjha said...

Amen about the Letter Factory DVD. It's awesome! I think watching my kids 'get it' with reading is one of the highlights of my life! Having them 'read' the book of mormon helped a lot.

Braden and Cheri said...

That is incredible! Way to go Carter! Keara is showing ZERO interest. She knows all her letters and their sounds, but doesn't seem to care about putting them together.

lindsay said...

How awesome! I am way impressed. Way to go Carter!

Kami said...

So fun! I must agree with Katherine, the Book of Mormon is amazing at helping them learn to read. I think it's all of those repetitive words. Not to mention, there's just an amazing power in that book!