Tonight, Carter was doing an alphabet puzzle while I was making dinner. After a few minutes, I realized that he had been making up a song all along. I caught on just at the tail end of his composition, which actually had a nice tune and ended with an in-tune resolve. Hear were his final lyrics:
P is my favorite letter
And it makes me want to giggle
And I'm very very proud of this fact
I just thought that was a cute way of putting his words together, plus I felt proud he got his Grandma's genes to sing any thought that comes to mind. Yes, as kids we felt we lived in a musical.
And a funny story:Missionaries has been a topic of discussion at the Madura household as of late. So, at the breakfast table I declared to the kids,
"Today is P-Day!"
Carter's eyebrows furrowed in curiousity and a little of concern.
"Mom, why did you say that?"
"Because today is P-day, for Preparation-Day for the missionaries, when we get to wash and fold and put away all our laundry."
With the same look of confused concern, Carter replied,
"But do we have to sit on the potty?"



1 comment:
Kerri, I just keep reading these posts and thinking that you have got to be the cutest mom on the planet and that I wish you lived closer to me! I need to surround myself with amazing people like you. I love these little stories!
Post a Comment