Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mini Provo

The kids and I took a trip to Provo yesterday. At least we thought we did. Come to find out we were really at Hobby Lobby, but we were surrounded by decorations that said:

I am a Child of God
Count Your Many Blessings
Faith, Believe, Pray

Now, I know these can be associated with the General Christian Faith. But the kicker was when I found myself humming along to the instrumental music played throughout the store. Yep, they were hymns:

As Zion's Youth in Latter Days
Come to Zion, Come to Zion
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Who knew I could have a spiritual experience while shopping?

4 comments:

Baby Oven said...

I had the same experience in my Hobby Lobby earlier this week! I was singing to the music and all of a sudden I realized it was sweet hour of prayer. I don't know when it started but I like it. :)

Braden and Cheri said...

That is so funny! I noticed that last week when I went to hobby lobby too. at least its a good message getting out.

Tauna said...

weird! so i've never been to hobby lobby before (or heard of it) but i guess it's owned by mormons

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

I love going to church in the middle of the week. I noticed the hymns a while back. Funny thing is I dragged Jason there a few weeks ago and he figured it out too!