Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WAHOO!

Guess who slept 12 hours through the night and didn't wake up to eat :) Well, technically all 3 kids, but we are most excited for ALANA! That's right :) At 7 1/2 weeks Alana slept through the night last night. She normally does a 10 hour stretch, which gets us up at 4:00 AM, and she goes right back to sleep, but THIS--it was so fun and we are all so happy today! Including Carter and Addison! When I hadn't heard from them and it was 7:15 AM, I went into their room and this is what I found:And Carter was "reading" each story to Addison. What a fun morning!

But, speaking of "sleeping through the night", what do you think is the real definition? I mean, most would define it as [what I just did] sleeping all night long without waking to eat. Sounds great, huh, but truly unrealistic for little babies. They NEED to eat. Therefore I think a more accurate defintion of sleeping through the night at this age is being able to just sleep, then wake to eat but return back to sleep right away. In that case, my baby has "slept through the night" since day 1 (except for a couple wakeful hours within the first 2 weeks). I feel so sorry for you parents who have to stay up with a wakeful child who wants to be alert and playing at 2 AM. In that regard, I feel VERY blessed [as do my kids since they wouldn't want to face the beastly tired me in the AM]. So, with that said, why did I post that Alana slept through the night without eating? I guess it's just to celebrate that I had my first night of uninterrupted sleep since before I got pregnant!

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY!

4 comments:

Maryle said...

Hooray!!! Getting a full nights sleep uninterrupted does wonders for the happiness of mom, and therefore the whole family. I hope Alana continues this for you.

Braden and Cheri said...

I disagree. I don't think it counts that a baby slept thru the night until they do not wake up to eat. I do not think it is unrealistic for a baby to sleep a full 12 hours without waking to eat because they are getting the calories they need throughout the day. So, I think its incredible and a wonderful thing to blog about that your baby truly did sleep all night without waking up. That is such an exciting milestone and I truly hope it continues. More than anything, it is wonderful to have uninterrupted sleep!! Congrats to all of you!

Molly said...

Ha! I hadn't seen this, so I was a little confused by your voicemail. But now I see it! Thanks, Kerri!! And PS--you are SOOOOOO lucky she's a sleeper! I want a baby that sleeps that well!

Celeste Christensen said...

Congrats! Rae was the 2 AM partier! Alicia was exactly like Alana! It is a wonderful feeling to wake up refreshed.