Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Friday, October 30, 2009

Our Giving Tree

For all you mountain climbers disappointed with the Midwest's Flat Terrain, I've discovered the dream job for you:We watched as the tree-cutters cut down a 135-yr-old tree from my parents' front yard. The tree was massive! A 16 foot diameter, and about 80 feet tall. We never knew it was a climbing tree, but these guys had NO problem swinging from branch to branch to saw it down.

Of course, the boys (of all ages) were fascinated,

and felt this required some kind ceremonial farewell dance. Is it strange to say "We will miss you, Tree?" Probably not, since Shel Silverstein thought the same thing. Sadly, the front yard and the view from blocks away will never look the same again.


4 comments:

Braden and Cheri said...

thank you for sharing! So sad to see it go. Strange to not have a pine tree by mom and dad's bedroom. Where will we hide when we play ghost in the graveyard?

Katie said...

Wow, that is amazing! I'm glad you thought to take pictures. Why did they have it cut down?

Brent said...

Kerri,

Next time you are there, can you please take (and post) a picture of what the house looks like without these two trees?

Thanks.

Stefani said...

I'm with Katie - I want to know why they had to come down?