Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Search for Spring

Spring Break started yesterday, logging in at 34-degrees.
A little anticlimactic, if you ask me. 
So, we went in search for a warmer climate and budding flowers.
 And we found it at Garfield Park Conservatory!!  Wow!  It was BEAUTIFUL! 
 Going from 34-degrees, gray, and dreary to 85-degrees, tropically lush and humid was so rejuvenating!
 
Dare I say we even sweat a little!
  
Free Admission.
Free Parking.
And Free Pride knowing you were just on the set of Vince Vaughn's latest movie.
We loved the turtles, fish, and waterfalls.
And the Children's Garden had great activities for kids.
 story time, a tree house slide, watering the plants, and making their own pre-historic garden.
Before leaving, the kids sketched some plants.
Carter: an orange and green Fisca.
Addison: the black dirt was the easiest thing to scribble.
 I've been asked 10 times already to go back,
and with how beautiful and invigorating it was to escape into spring and summer,
I know we will be back soon.

Of course, being 10 minutes from Steve's work, 
we spoiled ourselves with an
Ed Debevic's lunch.
A great kick off to a fun spring break.

(Any more great places I should take my kids?  I'm a little low on ideas)

4 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Oh how fun! So glad you found it and I'm pretty much loading myself in the car ASAP if it means I can feel the warmth of 85 degrees! And such a fun day to meet up with Steve for lunch. I still need to get myself over to Ed's.

Molly said...

Such a good idea! We should go to the Arboretum in San Francisco!

Jennie said...

such a fun day, and those pictures came out great.

Carrie said...

That sounds like exactly what we need! Thanks for the idea.