As today is the 22nd of March, today you get to know 22 random things that make me me. Survey asks: How many of these did you already know?
1. My favorite sound of all is that crinkle-crinkle sound that the vacuum makes when it picks up all the good stuff.
2. I never remember if "Vacuum" has two c's or two u's. In my humble opinion, both are useless, but to avoid looking uneducated, thank goodness for spell check.
3. My Secret to pit-stained-free white shirts: Before wearing it the first time, iron baby powder on the underarms. My second secret if that didn't work: throw them out before anyone notices.
4. My Secret to perfect jeans: Wash inside out. Hang Dry. Never put them in the dryer.
5. My Secret to perfect cookies: Chill the dough before baking, and place dough on cooled cookie sheets each round.
6. My Secret to opening that impossible jar: hit the lid with a knife all around the edges then tada, you can open it as if you had super-human strength.
12. Two things I'm grateful for in my life: learning to play the piano and lasik.
1. My favorite sound of all is that crinkle-crinkle sound that the vacuum makes when it picks up all the good stuff.
2. I never remember if "Vacuum" has two c's or two u's. In my humble opinion, both are useless, but to avoid looking uneducated, thank goodness for spell check.
3. My Secret to pit-stained-free white shirts: Before wearing it the first time, iron baby powder on the underarms. My second secret if that didn't work: throw them out before anyone notices.
4. My Secret to perfect jeans: Wash inside out. Hang Dry. Never put them in the dryer.
5. My Secret to perfect cookies: Chill the dough before baking, and place dough on cooled cookie sheets each round.
6. My Secret to opening that impossible jar: hit the lid with a knife all around the edges then tada, you can open it as if you had super-human strength.
7. I love smell-goody soaps. I'm a sucker for them. I feel like they offer the life of luxury. A good gift.
8. I can't wash my hands with bar soap. I think it's nasty. I believe it hoards the germs.
9. I still love the movie "Annie".
10. I love rainy days. I thrill at thunderstorms. If I was brave enough, my dream job is still to be a storm chaser.
11. I enjoy knowing that there are 4 Tbs in a 1/4 cup but only 3 teaspoons in a Tablespoon.
12. Two things I'm grateful for in my life: learning to play the piano and lasik.
13. I seem to have a talent for making chocolate chip cookies. (and eating them too).
14. I have a "toilet flushing" phobia. I think that a flushing toilet is gross. The whirring air and water is bound to spew those germy molecules up and into the air -- right back at you. To get around this, I always flush with the seat down. But in a public restroom, you can be sure I am OUT of that stall before the toilet is done flushing! -- how did I get so weird?
15. I love the smell of dryers. It makes the house just seem productive. (Tide + Pink Downy = my not so secret recipe)
16. I was a Macaroni and Cheese addict as a kid. I praised the day my first kid turned old enough to enjoy it with me. Now it makes me cringe. I guess I'm growing up.
17. In high school I was a morning person, kudos to Early Morning Seminary. In college I was a night person, kudos to dating. Now I'm neither a morning or a night person. I think I hit my high around 9 AM and it's gone by naptime.
18. Aside from childbirth, I've remained Hospital-Free my whole life.
19. I've never had a cavity.
20. I went skydiving in college but bungee jumping scares me. (I had to buy a video as living proof before my family would believe it.)
21. I was in a Famous Footwear Commercial in high school.
22. I have a "tatoo" on my knee from 6th grade when I knelt on a pencil and the tip broke off in my skin. Hurt like crazy. Steve has a matching story on his finger. Ahh...
14. I have a "toilet flushing" phobia. I think that a flushing toilet is gross. The whirring air and water is bound to spew those germy molecules up and into the air -- right back at you. To get around this, I always flush with the seat down. But in a public restroom, you can be sure I am OUT of that stall before the toilet is done flushing! -- how did I get so weird?
15. I love the smell of dryers. It makes the house just seem productive. (Tide + Pink Downy = my not so secret recipe)
16. I was a Macaroni and Cheese addict as a kid. I praised the day my first kid turned old enough to enjoy it with me. Now it makes me cringe. I guess I'm growing up.
17. In high school I was a morning person, kudos to Early Morning Seminary. In college I was a night person, kudos to dating. Now I'm neither a morning or a night person. I think I hit my high around 9 AM and it's gone by naptime.
18. Aside from childbirth, I've remained Hospital-Free my whole life.
19. I've never had a cavity.
20. I went skydiving in college but bungee jumping scares me. (I had to buy a video as living proof before my family would believe it.)
21. I was in a Famous Footwear Commercial in high school.
22. I have a "tatoo" on my knee from 6th grade when I knelt on a pencil and the tip broke off in my skin. Hurt like crazy. Steve has a matching story on his finger. Ahh...



4 comments:
We are the same in a lot of ways...I too have pencil in my knee, am so annoyed at self flushing toilets that go off before I can get out of the stall, was appalled when my kids wouldn't eat Mac and Cheese, and actually gave a talk that started out with a story about the crinkle-crinkle of the vacuum! Fun post! P.S. I've never been in any commercials and I will NEVER skydive or bungee jump. Ever.
I love it! Hmmm...who did you go skydiving with? Oh--me! And my fear of overflowing toilets trumps my fear of particles of toilet water getting into the air (which absolutely grosses me out). But I HAVE to make sure the water is going down before I put the toilet lid down.
your cookies are the best I have ever had and I love your number 17, I feel the same way.
So impressed by the no cavity thing!
Post a Comment