Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Conference Highlights

The Candy Wall:  After each talk Kids got a candy for identifying the topics they heard.  (like Baptism, Faith, Family, Love, Scriptures, etc.)  It was a good day for Addison to decide he didn't like chocolate, so we got to share quite a few :)

The Apostle Cards:  We put up pics of the apostles and First Presidency.  When they spoke, the kids found their picture and moved it to the side.  This way we were always excited to see who'd be next!
More Conference Bingo

Reaching their "I'm Done" stage, I pulled out the refrigerated cookie dough.
Score.  1.5 more speakers in.
A little more rewarding for us than play dough -- though I didn't think of the flour mess.  
As ambitious as this was, I think I'll just stick to play dough next time.
Carter's been singing President Monson's song ALL DAY and now wants to learn it on the piano, just like the Prophet.
Here I go, 
Here I go, 
To the Birthday Party.
He got this, but somehow managed to miss some of the finer points of the talk...

Addison's AMAZING "too-cool" Bed head Hair Do after naps
 45 minutes of pure peace and silence during the afternoon while all three kids slept.  
We got LOTS of notes on those talks!
 And let us not forget, Alana's newly found Bum Dance.
{Sorry about the angle, I was just too comfy on the couch to move to see her face.  AND it would be cuter if there was music}

3 comments:

Mary, Brandon, & Madelyn said...

I LOVE Addison's hair! It's awesome! I love when little kids wake up. Kerri, you have the most creative conference ideas. I'm talking to you on Friday 6 months from now to learn all of your secrets. You are an AWESOME Mom!

Jennie said...

what great ideas. Alana is such a cutie with her dance.

Bryson Mortensen said...

First things first...I'm so impressed that you guys DRESS UP for conference! My poor kids are going to think that conference is all about the sunday we go to church in our pajamas...

Second..in case Carter REALLY wants to learn the song on the piano:

CDE
CDE
FEDEC C