Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy Valley

We made it JUST in time 
for the 
Homecoming Game...
...traffic!!

SO fun to be in one of the most energetic cities in the world!
Although, I must say I had the craziest experience tonight.
It's 9:00.  Saturday Night.

This grocery store parking lot is full.  I have to park far away.
And this is where it gets weird.
People are actually happy to be there. Grocery Shopping.  At night.  
And they're smiling.  They're laughing.
And it hits me...this is NOT a typical shopping experience.  
THIS is a social scene.  And more?  This is a DATING scene.  
There was cuddling and hand-holding in EVERY Aisle!  Roommates were bonding, couples were window shopping, and even the Moms with kids were having a good time.  And they were eating ice cream while they shopped.  And it was decorated like a Halloween Carnival.  The only things lacking were children skipping and a balloon man--though I'm sure that was happening somewhere in the store.  

Someone needs to these folks in that they are not at a place to have fun!  Oh no.  Back home, this is a chore of drudgery, of "No, you can't have that.  Put it back.  Stop touching that." This is Grocery Shopping, people!  A place of frowns and lack of eye contact.  

But here, the cashier and baggers looked me in the eye and genuinely said, 
"Have a Good Night!"
And for the first time leaving a grocery store, a genuinely replied,
 "I will!"

1 comment:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

I know the exact Macey's you are talking about! And yes EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE in BYU territory is love birdy! Have fun while in the best state EVER! (he he:P)