Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Haunting!

Reason #83 that I love blogging: I get great ideas from other friends' of how to make my life more interesting. This week's cool adventure was making Bat Pumpkins! (Thanks Brandi!) Things are getting spooky around here:

First we painted the pumpkins black,then attached black wings made from craft foam, (they were surprisingly stubborn to get in...hence the hammer) and then made silly and scary eyes. So fun! Because we had such a blast doing this, we are now initiating a Block Pumpkin Fest, and inviting each house to compete in a Pumpkin Contest. I think it will be fun!
For instructions on how to make these yourself, click here.

8 comments:

Holly said...

That is so much fun!!! Hey Steve. I remember going on a church outing in Illinois skiing. I think the big Ski hill was call the Hotdog or something. Anyway, you had to ride homein the trunk of the car. Ya that was legal! HAHA holly tunnell Carter

Celeste Christensen said...

WOW! Those look amazing. I think I am going to copy that idea next year!

Molly said...

I love them!!

Tauna said...

Wow! Spooktastic! Love them! i want to make some.

Braden and Cheri said...

That is AWESOME!! I can't wait to see them in person! 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Hey Kerri,
Cute pumpkins! What a creative idea. I am going to have to steal this one and use it for next year. I don't have a creative bone in my body, but I sure know how to copy!

Illin' Oy said...

THIS IS PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may just make some pumpkin bats myself!

W.W. said...

Ok, so I was too busy stealing this idea to leave a comment, but we LOVE the pumpkin bats. So much so that you have been honored on our blog!