Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sweet Escape

We went out to eat last night and discovered an awesome restaurant:

Key Wester, in Naperville.

It was like going here
...without spending this

We ate in a waterfall room, all decked out with Trees, sharks, swordfish, a waterfall, etc.  
It's worth going to this restaurant to just SEE the decor and their 2200 gallon Tropical Fish tank.

Our scrumptious meal?
Banana Crust Tilapia--Fresh tilapia fillet, topped with bananas & a sweet tropical crust, baked to a golden brown & served over coconut rice surrounded by a coconut milk & pepper sauce & a side of vegetables.
Sweet Potato Crusted Trout:  Rainbow trout topped with sweet potatoes & baked to a golden brown served in an apple cider butter sauce, with the coconut rice & Grilled aspargus.
Spinach & Artichoke Dip: The creamiest yummiest I've ever had, served with seasoned Pita Chips.

SOOO YUMMY!!!!

And they had such a tempting dessert: A chocolate treasure box filled with tropical fruit and white chocolate mousse.

We didn't order that.  Instead we went to Portillo's for the "infamous" Chocolate Cake Shake.  Sorry, folks.  I heard SO MANY RAVING reviews, and have to say, I'm not as excited about it like you are.  I guess I wasn't a fan of the cake crumbs all throughout the shake, and would have preferred, perhaps, a Brownie shake, with big clumps you have to spoon out at the end.  Yep, that's how I like it.  But, I'm glad I tried it.

All in all, if you want to try fish that DOESN'T taste like fish, this was the place to go :)

3 comments:

Celeste Christensen said...

I've been to the Key Wester. Loved the decor, not crazy about the food. I am also not a seafood lover. My mom on the hand was stalking the place. Glad you guys had a good time, and got out a bit.

Tauna said...

yea for the new post! Love it. Sounds fun and fish sounds delish. We love fish, here.
T
PS yours is my go-to blog to check and see who in our family has written in the last while. Hurray for google reader (is that what it is?)

Molly said...

Mmmmmmmm. That sounds gooood. The fish, not the milkshake. Chunks of cake in my milkshake sounds weird.