
Wait, what's that pic? Is Carter taking copious notes as he's attentively watching conference? Well, he seems reverent enough to be doing so.
Thanks for your ideas and comments about conference, guys! Good tips:
- Don't take away HIS Saturday just because you want two Sundays...that's too much reverence for a 2 1/2 year old.
- As long as he's letting YOU watch conference, that's most important.
- Apostle File Folder matching game: HUGE SUCCESS! Carter was able to look at the screen and find the apostle on the folder! And he remembered them on Monday night, too! We'd ask him a name and he'd find it! Way to go! We used this game at the church on Sunday morning.
- General Conference Coloring Book: HUGE SUCCESS! We used it at home on Sunday afternoon!
- We ditched the snack ideas, but they would have been fun if I had had more ambition.
- Best idea for Saturday: Go out and do something totally exciting and involved with the kids between sessions--this way we engaged with them for 2 hours and they were happier to play on their own for the next session.

Going to the beach to play in the sand and chase seagulls worked WONDERS! - Invite good friends who are really good parents themselves to come watch conference with you and help maintain reverence. (Not bad that they also brought a back up DVD for emergency entertainment)
- Oh yes, and don't miss silly moments because you're trying to keep things quiet.
This was a RIOT when Christopher Harmon put the pom-pom on his head for hair! He even had the babies laughing!
Hooray for conference and successfully being able to watch *and enjoy* all four sessions!



6 comments:
Well done! I am very impressed.
PS- I love the new picutre of your cute little family:)
that is awesome! sounds like a complete success!
Those are great ideas, I'll have to use them for the next conference. It's great to be able to get back in touch with you!
ok, so I apparently have a lot to learn about blogging, but I love the music and the background. How do you do them?
Right on, Kerri! Glad you had a good weekend.
Post a Comment