Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Monday, August 4, 2008

Temple Conversation


We have a magnet on our fridge of the SL Temple Spires.  Carter caught site of it acrross the room while we were eating breakfast.  The conversation was really tender, in hjis cute 2-yr old language.  And the best part about these conversations is realizing--WOW!  
He's learning SOMETHING SOMEWHERE:

Carter:  Mom, I spy a temple!
Me: Yeah!
Carter: Salt Lake Temple
Me: (astonished--had we ever really confirmed that fact with him??)
Carter:  See those lights?
Me: I do.
Carter: That's Angel Moroni.
Me: What's he doing?
Carter:He's on top in the lights...That's Salt Lake Temple.  Daddy and mommy got mrradd--mmeedd--married.
Me: that's right!  Daddy and Mommy got married in the Salt Lake Temple!
Carter:  See temple in car?
Me: (amazed--coming from the airport, we took a quick detour to see the temple from the car window, and I didn't even know sleepy Carter was paying attention!)

Wow!  Hooray for those sacrament photo books we have, I guess

3 comments:

Katie said...

It really is amazing the things they pick up on...but truly I've ceased to be amazed at anything Carter does....is there anything he can't figure out?

JaNae said...

How cute! The great thing about blogging is now that sweet conversation you had with Carter is recorded!
By the way, your blog is very cute! I am impressed.

Jaynann said...

Hi Kerri-

I found your blog through Janae's. We have one too. It's so fun to see what is going on in your life.

Isn't it amazing what kids pick up. They are always learning even when we have no idea. :)