Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Saturday, August 2, 2008

August?

My post says it's August 2.  Really, August?  When did it become August?  Where did my summer of fun go?  I still haven't gone to Six Flags, been camping, or bought ice cream from the "music truck" that comes around our block!  (we figured if we called it a music truck instead of an ice cream truck, we'd avoid the rush other parents get to go get ice cream.  I love saying "Isn't that so nice that the music truck came to our house to play that beautiful music?"  It makes me laugh inside.)  Anyway, back to...AUGUST?  Is this a surprise to anyone else?  

OK...what should I put on my calendar to do THIS month before Fall arrives next month?  This was to be my summer of fun, and though it's been a fun summer, it hasn't been the SUMMER OF FUN!

Things I have done in my summer of fun:
1-Go to Children's Museum
2-Feed ducks at Riverwalk
3-Travel
4-Go to beach
5-Daily Adventures/playgrounds/walks
6-Have Parties, endearingly titled a "Madura Bash"

Things still to do in my summer of fun:
1-Go Camping, even if in the back yard
2-Roast Marshmallows, even if on our grill
3-Go to Six Flags
4-Go to the Zoo
5-Picnic at a park
6-Go to a Baseball game and hear the *KLINK* of the metal bat

Other fun ideas?

5 comments:

Celeste Christensen said...

I feel the same way! I can't believe it is amlost over. I think next summer will be mine and the girls's summer of FUN! (Hopefully unless I am pregnant again )

Kerri said...

Update:

I went to the zoo on Thursday, and we're doing s'mores tonight!

Anonymous said...

Go to a Cubs game!!!!

Kerri said...

Go Cubs!

Mary, Brandon, & Madelyn said...

Does roasting marshmallows in the microwave count? We did that. Or is that more a winter of fun thing? Lets have a picnic in the park this week!