d pinched my skin? Was it that I was so excited to get to the pool that I didn't want "one more thing" to take off? Was it that I was so cheap that I didn't want to rent a locker, and too lazy to put shoes by my towel on the deck? Was I too preoccupied on getting the first or second shower in the locker room during adult swim because EVERYONE knew those were the warmest ones? Or was it just that despite the heat, I couldn't resist the feeling of the squishy tar between my toes?Why the sudden nostalgia? Carter and I were playing in the pool on Friday and we got out to greet the mail truck. When we got out, I put on my s
hoes. Carter just took off running. We ran to the mailbox...with Carter saying "Hot Hot Hot" with each step on the black driveway, but still thrilled to get the mail. That is, of course, until he got to the storm drain cover. What is it about kids that PARALYZES them when something is too hot....all of a sudden I hear"OOOOOWWW! HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!"
"Get on the grass, Carter, hurry!"
"I can't! It's too hot!"
Like a knight with a noble steed, I swooped him off his feet and saved the day. And I did take a moment to remember what it's like to walk on black asphalt after a day of swimming and hope that Carter will one day love the feeling of squishy tar between his toes.



1 comment:
this is such a funny story! I love it!
Post a Comment