Ahhh...Gilson beach! It's my favorite place on earth. It's in Wilmette, where I grew up, only a few miles away from my parents home. My California friends would argue that no real beach can be on a lake--"you need waves". But when Molly of Holister, CA, saw our beach, she told me she herself was impressed! Just picture as beautiful as the ocean, but with softer sand and no sticky/smelly ocean water filled with things that could kill you. Enjoy the following photos. Out of curiousity, which do you prefer: Salt Water or Fresh water?
The summer of beach fun began with watching the 4th of July fireworks at the beach with Mom & Dad. Watching the fireworks give a HUGE BOOM right above you as you lay on the sand and hear the waves along the shore is the greatest! I will never miss these again as long as I live here! (Or within a 3 hour driving distance)
The adventures began with Carter's first BUS ride! He was thrilled!

With Carter on the back and Addison on the front, we were a family fit for crowd control!
What a blast to spend the 4th with Gma and Gpa Hicken! 2 phenomenal grilled dinners, a rousing game of kickball, a game of croquet that had us laughing so hard we cried, and an amazing time at the beach! How could I willingly miss this? Who's jealous?
And to finish it off, here are some more favorite pics while waiting for the fireworks:








2 comments:
Hey Kerri, I am such a LAME-O and am just getting around to reading your blog for the first time. I just wanted to let you know that your sisters post was my favorite, because it said the TRUE things about you that you would not post yourself. I just think you are SO great, and I thought you should know!
P.S. Thanks for the fun day at your house, Porter loves being around his friends, and I do too!!!
P.S.S. I really liked the toes in the tar post too!!
Post a Comment