Carter gets out of his bed! Good for him! We're proud that he can climb out safely and are excited for this new found independence and, with it, responsibility. We're so proud when he obeys and stays in his bed. Yet last night...."IT" began....the "Sleep in Mommy's bed!" battle. Wow! At 3:00 AM, we heard his door open and close--he's so particular about closing his door when he leaves his room...as if to say...NOPE, not going back in--and in he walks. Steve got up, and put him back in bed. We thought that was good! He didn't fuss much. So, we all went back to bed...or so we thought. 40 minutes later (I looked at the clock) I notice that Carter is snuggled in between me and Steve.
My thoughts? First: Oh, that's so cute! Second: Way to cop out Steve...whose turn it was to see to it that Carter went back to sleep. I was so surprised that Steve gave in and let him come in bed with us! But then again, I was too tired to battle it, so oh well.
But here's the thing. He wasn't sleeping at all! He was totally still, and quiet, but eyes wide open! and when he saw me look at him in surprise, he said "Oh! Hi Mommy!"
I let him stay because we don't get much snuggle time. It was sweet. He didn't really fall asleep the whole time....hmmm...maybe a few moments, but nothing that would qualify as sleep. So at 5 when I got up to feed Addison, Steve woke up too....and Carter was awake. Steve insisted he go back to his bed. I agreed.
This is when the truth was discovered...Steve hadn't given in at all...Carter had silently climbed into bed with us! How did I not hear him? or feel him? I'm the light sleeper with all of this! Wow!
He did go back in his bed at 5....then was out again at 6...Will he ever sleep? I'm sure am early morning nap is in our near future...thank goodness...but it would sure be easier to see if Carter was acting even remotely cranky or sleeping...but he's being such an angel!!! Is it possible that my 2 year old does better in the day if he goes to bed at 9 and then wakes up at 3? I've heard others talk about erratic sleep schedules, or earlier risers...but I'm not to keen on this idea.
Bottom line, I'm not confident I'll be going walking this morning....hopefully we will be sleeping.
10 months ago



1 comment:
Like I said, your writing is so entertaining. I can't wait to read your next 3 posts!
Post a Comment