Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Thursday, May 23, 2013

3..2..1...It's a Baby...?

Today's the day.  
The day that we find out if we are having a baby brother or baby sister.  
The day we get to hold our newborn baby in our arms.  
The day we start choosing that baby name.
The day that changes the rest of our lives.

Votes, guesses, and bets have all been cast.  The only thing left to do is have the baby.
At 9:45 am.  Scheduled C-Section.

6:45 AM.  3 Hours before Baby:
Showered.  Makeup-ed.  And yes, I'm doing my hair.
Because with a scheduled C-Section, you come out looking almost as good as you go in...a plus side from the normal deliveries.

7:45 AM.  2 Hours before Baby:
Parking Garage Elevator.  Yes, I realize we're on Level 1 --elevatoring it to the Ground Floor.  Yes, I was feeling wimpy.  But not as wimpy as when Steve asked for a wheelchair for me...which I politely declined.  I wasn't in labor or anything...he just likes the drama :)

8:45.  1 Hour before Baby:
Check out all those bands and cords!!!  
And there were 2 more bands still to be put on my wrist.
And you can't see the 3 EKG monitors under the gown to monitor heart and breathing rates.

And Now....drum role please....at 10:14 and 52 seconds, to be exact:
Boy?
Girl?
What do you think?
From all that pink on the body, I guess I'll just announce:
It's a GIRL!!
We are SO excited!!!
Waiting for 9 months to find out the gender of our baby was a Looooong wait, and I didn't want it to be spoiled by one of the doctors announcing the gender from the other side of the surgical curtain...so Steve made sure that when the baby came out, no one said a WORD until I could see the baby for myself.
The anesthesiologist said, "I see the head!  The head is out!"
Then, 20 seconds later, the whole body was out and I heard everyone gasp (in a good excited way!)
10 seconds later, the doctor rushed the baby over to my side and showed me my Baby Girl!!
Being drugged up, of course, I had to ask:
"Is it a girl?"
"Yes, it's a Girl!" said Steve.
And he kissed me on the forehead.

9:45 1 Hour After our Baby Girl was born!

Me: Drugged up, numb from here down, calm, and happy!

...I won't sum up hours 2-7 after the baby was born because they were NOT so good.
Discovering allergies to pain meds that weren't working was NOT my idea of a good recovery, but now that all seems like it's so far away.

3 comments:

Maryle said...

Congrats Kerri and Steve!!! We are so excited for the new addition to your family. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little girl, sometime in the next 5 weeks.

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Congrats on a beautiful baby girl! She is gorgeous and I'm thrilled for y'all!

kjha said...

Congratulations! We went the symmetrical route too...two boys then two girls. :) Enjoy that sweet baby!