Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It was a BIG Sunday!

This Sunday was a big day for us!

1)  I got released:  It was my first time in a year and half of NOT being the Primary Chorister, and another year and a half on top of that of NOT being a Primary teacher ... which meant NO prep before church, NO heavy bags of props and visual aids, and going to the adult Sunday School class -- with Steve!  I have really enjoyed my job as teaching the 3-12 year olds the really sweet church songs for their age group, but it sure is a lot of work, creative ideas, and ENERGY without a lot of praise :)  A new chorister was put in for this week so that I could, you know, have my baby on Thursday and then, you know, move....not like we're busy or anything.

2)  Steve also was released from his calling as Ward Mission Leader...so he didn't have meetings before church and he didn't have to teach his class...which again meant, we got to sit together in the adult Sunday School class.  We may have been falling asleep, which might have been because it was so hot and I am so pregnant, or it could be that we really do need such active callings than just sit down and listen :)

3)  Both Addison and Carter had speaking assignments in primary.  Addison was asked to recite the scripture of the month (Amos 3:7, or as Addison has cutely stated, Amos dot dot 3 7!!)  and Carter gave a talk.  He was so cute as he wrote it almost all by himself.  Together we found the scripture reference and the story, which comes from the LDS Friend August 2011.  They did such a great job, and really had the kids quiet and listening by the end.  Trust me, that is amazing!

So turn up your speakers, and enjoy!


Addison:  Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Carter: you can read his talk here

4) The Kids' Adventure:  Steve gave me a nice long 2 hour nap while he took the kids out for a walk.  NICE.

 And good thing I didn't go, because I would NOT have approved of this:

That is the grossest lake that I could think of.  But it sure was nice to have showered and bathed clean kids when I woke up (and not knowing beforehand why!)

Agreed that some things are just left better to Dad:

5)  Freezer Meals.  Freezer Meals.  and Freezer Meals.  I recognize that I feel like my life is falling apart.  I wonder how we will survive healing with a C-section, adjusting to a newborn, and moving 4 weeks later.  So, Steve and I tackled 5 different meals and stashed them in our freezer.  Phew!  *wipe brow*

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Reminds me of Talon's first Primary talk which we have on film, too. Precious.

Kind of sounded like Addison said "relieveth his secret"--I wonder if the Lord feels relieved sometimes when he shares his secrets...