Does anyone else like shopping without their kids in tow? I discovered I like it so much, which is why I went out at 11:30 last night to "see" if we needed anything. I ended up buying incessantly more than I needed and will therefore spend the majority of today returning such items...with kids in tow, thus putting myself in the very scenario I was trying to avoid. Hmmmm...
Did I save time?
I got home at 1:07 (am).
Did I get everything I needed?
Heavens, no. I didn't want to spoil this free time with mundane to-do tasks like buying Goldfish, diapers, and laundry detergent.
Did I save money?
Uhhh...let's just say I stuck to my list :) Perhaps my list should have been more specific than "Food. Toys. DVDs. Camping Stuff"...camping stuff? How'd that get on there? Oh well.
Ahh..but I did experience the solice that comes from standing in the hair section pondering such critical matters like wondering if my hair was thin enough that I should be using the little girl hair ties. Uninterrupted by "don't touch him", "pick that up", "peekaboo", and "put that back". Yes, it was pure bliss.



4 comments:
aaahhhhhhhh...
so true and so nice
Yes! Yes! YES!!!
if you ever need a last minute babysitter for your shopping adventures... I'm always a call away! :)
Post a Comment