Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Friday, July 16, 2010

It made me laugh...

Today Carter was taking me on an imaginary train ride.  He was the conductor.   I got in and found my seat (on the couch).  He ran to the front the "train", looked out the imaginary windows making sure everyone had cleared away from the train and pushed a button to close the imaginary doors.  Wow, I was thinking,  He's being really thorough.  And it made me think When was the last time he took a train ride, since it's not something we do every day.  Think think think...ah yes, it was June 28th; he took the "L" downtown with my Mom. 

Chuckling  a little, I nodded my head in recognition now to how Carter was mimicking the exact motions of the "L" conductors, peaking out their little window to assure the passengers are clear before leaving.  He {and all children} really amazes me at how much he picks up without me knowing!!!!!  But he really took the cake when he announced,
Next stop will be Davis--
A REAL HONEST TO GOODNESS STOP ON THE LINE HE TOOK 18 DAYS AGO, and he said it EXACTLY like the recorded voice says it on the train.  How did he remember that?  But that wasn't the real kicker.  He then followed up with, in the EXACT intonation as heard on the real train: 
Doors open on the LEFT at Davis. 
I couldn't believe it...and was cracking up so hard inside!  He then continued to take me to Howard and Central, real stops, and Kedzie and Damon--both real streets downtown,!  How does he remember this!!!  Of course, there were some made up stops in between, proving he can still imagine.  And then I became the hat lady, passing out hats to everyone and that's when I knew we were back to make-believe....or were we?  You sure meet STRANGE people on that train.

3 comments:

Katie said...

That really is amazing! These little people pick up so much more than we think they do, don't they!

Braden and Cheri said...

That is incredible! But I'm not surprised. That little guy is just a sponge and picks up on everything. He's incredible too!

W.W. said...

I'm starting to think he has a photographic memory or something! That's pretty amazing at his age!