Why didn't anyone tell me?
disposable
vs.
reusable
Swim diapers.
We agree, they are necessary.
but it's better than nothing.
But does anyone cringe when they spend close to $1 per diaper? Consider me wierd, I kind of have a "no-playing-on-my-couch-in-a-wet-and-not-leak-proof-diaper" rule. So that means when we're playing in the water outside, we go through so many per day b/c of the kids "in and out" nature with the pool and playing inside. It adds up.
Sometimes I catch myself saying "No" to swimming b/c I don't want to "waste" the swim diapers.
That sounds backwards. I know.
Stingy? Most likely.
Stingy? Most likely.
Mean? According to the kids.
Then my sister showed me these.
They're cloth (like a swimsuit type material) with soft fleece inside.
Totally effective.
Stylish, too, if you get the colors that match your swiumsuits
(rather the kids' suits. Please don't YOU wear one of these).
They snap off so easily,
and often have adjustable snaps on the size as they grow bigger.
Wish I'd known.
So I'm ordering some. Do you want some too? We could share shipping cost.
And, while on the subject of water play,
does this count as "Playing IN the sprinkler?"
does this count as "Playing IN the sprinkler?"






8 comments:
I know. I want one, too. But we're being REALLY good about not spending money right now (Christian with no job + me on disability payments for a month = broke chickadees). Maybe when I'm rolling in the dough (ie can afford my rent again), I'll buy one. :)
what a great idea the boys have with the umbrellas, Jolie is always asking to use her umbrella but I am always saying you can use it when it rains which isn't that often, I might just have to have them play in the sprinklers with the umbrellas soon. :)
The reusable diaper is an awesome idea! I'm with you on the little swimmers being too expensive. In fact, I was bad with my little ones, I only used them if we went to a public pool. If we were just at home or at our families homes we would let them wear a regular diaper and by the time they were done swimming those things were so heavy and looked like they were going to explode! I was just too cheap! Too bad I didn't know about reusable ones when mine were in diapers. P.S. I love your blog! It's been so fun getting to know your family so well, of course we fell in love with Cheri when she lived here and a couple weeks ago we had the chance to spend time with Janae and Brent, so fun!
I also used to wash my swim diapers and just let them hang dry... they start to not look so pretty after a while but I got a couple of extra uses out of them!
Yep! Never bought a disposible swim diaper. You can even find some for less than the cost of a pack or sposies. I personally like Kushies. :) Welcome to the Green Side! :P
I've never heard of these! Amazing! Let me know more details and I might be in on it with you.
I did cloth diapers, so I just used a cloth diaper with a cover on them for swimming, since they are waterproof so the leaks don't get out, they worked great.
A friend called me last year, knowing that we have a pool, and suggested I start using these (and split the shipping cost with her;-) Best investment EVER. We are in the pool so much, and I never worry about the cost of those things anymore. The only time it's yucky is if "you know what" happens while they are wearing the diaper. I recommend making sure you put a regular diaper on them immediately afterward, especially if you are traveling from a public pool or splash park.
Post a Comment