You may not have known, but I've had a stay-at-home part time job since Carter was born. I'm not talking about the nurse, chef, maid, referee, chaufer, pyschiatrist, jungle-gym titles we all share. For 4 years, I've been doing some Data-Entry work for my brothers' Real Estate company in Denver. Let's be honest, though...In that time he got it streamlined so much that by the end I was really doing only 1/2 hour work per week, which was really just pushing buttons and letting his software do all the work. Can I really call that a job? Apparently, yes, since Carter made this sign and put it on the door last week:
No Goeeing In the study
When I asked him why not, he let me know it had to do with the fact that I'm always working and never playing.
That was my last day working for my brother.
Thank you Early Retirement!
Of course, one can't be too certain he was referring to the Data Entry job completely, and not to my compulsive blogging...but for now, the sign is up as a reminder :)
5 comments:
Congratulations! What is the retirement package like?
I am providing a comprehensive pension plan.
Steve
Out of the mouths of babes...
Not only is that kid a genius, but he's hilarious too! I'm SO excited you're finally DONE!! This last year of retirement has been a dream...not that I played with my kids more, but at least I COULD.
I love the way Carter's Mind works!
Post a Comment