I'm not a very good kite flyer, nor am I a candidate to break any world records, but on Saturday morning, we attempted both. At 10 AM sharp, Carter, Addison, Alana and I gathered with over 800 people in a park, and at a 3..2..1.. grand launch countdown, we all got our kites HIGH in the air! It was an incredible sight!
And the best part was that we did this all to the tune of "Let's Go Fly a Kite" from Mary Poppins being blasted over the speakers! It was truly a goosebump moment, mostly because it seemed magical, but also because we were freezing cold!
This octopus kite was one of our favorites!
At the end, we got to see the Chicago Fire Kite Team do tricks and stunts. Totally cool! Like watching the Blue Angels, but with kites.
I was having too much fun with the kids, and kite flying with 3 under 3 was more hands-on than you'd imagine, so I didn't get many pictures of my kids and their Lightening McQueen kite. Oh well.
Live in the moment. Not in the photograph.







4 comments:
Wow! That sounds like fun!
That looks like so much fun, I am going to have to put that on my list to do. Your such a cool mom.
That is so awesome!!!! Alana is getting so big... she is so adorable and I love that pic of her.
Fun! I like the octopus kite too.
Post a Comment