Perfect Spring Break Week:
Starts in the 50s, ends in the 70s.
Let's share ideas of what we can do to entertain ourselves and the kids!
Here's what I have so far:
- Zoo--Cosley, Brookfield, Lincoln Park
- Lake Michigan to play in the sand and park
- A picnic in the park
- Garfield Park Conservatory--never been
- Morton Arboretum--never been
- This morning we painted:
- first finger paints,
- then with cars making tracks,
- then paint brushes,
- then we made chalk paint (crumbled up sidewalk and added some water for paste) to paint with on construction paper, and we'll take the extra outside when it gets warmer
- Bubbles, colored rice, water in the sensory table as the weather gets warmer
- Story times at the library
What ideas can you share?



10 comments:
I'm thinking about doing potty practices with Hunter. I'm so sick of buying diapers!
Holley--not a bad idea. If the weather weren't so nice, I think I'd do the same with Addison.
EASTER CRAFT:
So, today we also did another craft..."Easter Towels"...we decorated paper towels with markers, then sprayed them with water and let them dry...a cool tie-dyed effect.
EASTER CRAFT:
Put paper in a box, and put a few globs of paint on the paper. Add a couple marbles or golf balls. Close the box, and let the kids roll/shake the box around. Turns out pretty cool! Then cut it into egg shapes and hang.
I'm so impressed with you. You never cease to amaze me.
So today was pretty good, too. We went to after spending the morning out with sidewalk chalk, we went to Phillips Park Zoo and the playground there and spent 2-3 hours. Sure, these things aren't really worth bragging about, but it's good to be outside.
that sounds like a fun week so far, I also have enjoyed having the kids outside enjoying the air. I am thinking of going to the drop in storytime at the eola library this friday, if you go we will look for you. Have a great spring break. Oh another idea is having your kids balance eggs on a spoon while walking back and forth. Of course don't forget to only use plastic eggs, :) Happy Easter
Today's highlights? Both deserve their own posts, and will come I'm sure...but in case you're looking for something to do:
We filled the water table with sudsy bubbles (dish soap) and the kids and neighbors washed all our plastic toys and had a BLAST! And they really needed to be washed!
Did I make all of your dreams come true by taking you to the zoo? :)
YES! Brookfield Zoo on Thursday was unforgetable, then we had a BEAUTIFUL 2,5 hour picnic just us at a park on Friday. Then a GREAT General Conference weekend, and eater egg hunt at Dominicks. Can't complain.
How about personal dance parties in the livingroom? Or digging for bugs in the backyard? Or making creations in the kitchen? I love your ideas.
Post a Comment