~Story #1~
Home Court Advantage does not apply to embarrassing moments
We were all at church together on Sunday. With Shaun & Susan's family of 5, Cheri's family of 5, Our family of 5, and our parents of 2, we were quite the entourage coming in. So Steve and I opted to sit a few rows back, as there was no room in the inn--or rather, the pew. As the meeting began, I left to feed Alana, and the following embarrassing moment ensued. Susan leaned over to Cheri and asked,
"Did Kerri & Steve make it?"
Cheri motioned to where we were sitting, and to Susan's amazing, she found poor Steve battling a wiggly Addison, while Carter was waving a big bright yellow wrapped PAD in the air loudly saying,
"What's THIS, Daddy!"
{ahem!}
Thank goodness this did not happen in our home ward, otherwise I may not ever show my face there again. Mortified.
Moral of the story: It's better to embarrass ourselves out of state than on hometurf.
~Story #2~
Brother or Sister?
Being Cheri's first Sunday in her new ward, Shaun--the Bishop--was reviewing her records with the counselor who was conducting the meeting to make sure he had their names right before he read them to the congregation.
Counselor: “Okay, we have BRAD-en.”
Shaun: “No, its BRAY-den”
C: “Okay, and Leslie.”
S: “She goes by her middle name.”
C: “Oh, so Sherrie”
S: “No, it’s Cheri.”
C: “Then Key-are-uh”
S: “No, it’s Keara.”
C: “Then TAR-inn”
S: “No, it’s TARE-yn”
C: “Well, at least I know Avery.”
S: “Oh, no, it’s Av-ARE-ee…just kidding.”
That alone is worth a chuckle when you know Shaun's quick and funny humor! But, apparently it was too quick for this counselor, for when he rose to introduce them, he was so focused on pronouncing their names correctly, that he introduced
Brother Braden Moore and Brother Cheri Moore.
{Awkward Pause}
OH! I MEAN SISTER!
This gets even funnier if you remember 19 years ago when Heidi introduced herself at Shaun's wedding as Shaun's brother. I guess it's all in the family.
Moral of the story: Do not be too witty with the feeble minded after a 6AM meeting.
~Story #3~
Is Puke Cute?
Saturday night, Mom, Susan, Cheri and I were still busily unpacking boxes while Braden, Shaun, and Dad worked in the basement. It was nearing midnight when I got a call from Steve (who had stayed back with the sleeping kids) to announce that Taryn had just thrown up all over. {an interjection--8 out of 17 got sick from this trip--so far. Now, back to the story}. So I told him we would be right home to help. When I told tried to tell Mom it was time to leave, I sure had a hard time getting the message across.
Kerri: Mom, we have to go now. Taryn just puked.
Mom: Oh that sweet Taryn.
K (realizing Mom didn't really get the message): Yeah, I know, but she just puked.
M: Oh, Isn't she cute.
K (yet again) : Yes, Mom. But Taryn PUKED, Threw up, Tossed her cookies, Barfed.
and in the midst of trying to find MORE synonyms for vomit, we were finally all in hysterics laughing at my sweet mom who had not quite gotten the message.
Moral of the story: There are ways to have selective hearing to only hear what you want to hear.



7 comments:
I am laughing so hard! These stories are priceless. Too funny!
I know some in Janae's family was throwing up the day Cheri arrived and I think after, too. Our family had some illness, but more head/respitory stuff rather than stomach. How about Braden's family in MO? How many does that make in the wake of Braden and Cheri's move from AZ to MN?
You're a great story teller...and when you're with your family you always seem to come home with great materials for your stories (that works out well!)
I am laughing my head off! I think you are a fantastic story teller too. Thanks for sharing those priceless moments with all of us, but most importantly, thanks for sharing your positive energy and love of life. It is refreshing and contagious!!!
I love reading your stories! You write them in a way it makes it really easy to picture it! Sounds like you had a fun if not eventful weekend!!
Loved it! Laughed a lot.
That's so funny. Wish I were there!
Post a Comment