
Carter's Reaction:
He LIKES it! He thrives on having a new schedule and enjoys all the new things he is learning. He is in a great class with 15 boys and 5 girls (GREAT for his active personality). He and his teacher adore each other.
He LIKES it! He thrives on having a new schedule and enjoys all the new things he is learning. He is in a great class with 15 boys and 5 girls (GREAT for his active personality). He and his teacher adore each other.
Addison's Reaction:
YEAH for MOMMY & ME TIME!
Alana's Reaction:
I'll just sleep while he's gone, so I'M GOOD.
Mommy's Reaction:
I'm VERY GRATEFUL because I knew Carter needed more than I could currently be offering him here at home with my responsibilities with the other two sweeties. When an opportunity opened up, a friend of mine paved the way and got both our children in the same school at midterm. It's a great curriculum that focuses on the NAEYC standards and has and does everything that a focused school should have (word wall, emergent literacy programs, lending library, math manipulatives, centers time, music, etc.) Happily, they're not just teaching the ABCs and 123s, --good, since Carter has known those since before he was 2. There's only 10 more weeks until the end of the year, so it's a nice time committment to see if it works out for us. Plus, I have the flexibity to still take him out to go do adventures together.
I'm SAD to not be sharing EVERY single minute with him, and to be missing out on the funny things that come out at perfect times (like the side comment when they were talking about why we brush our teeth, and he told the class they HAVE to brush their teeth, or they'll turn yellow like a pirate's). Each day after an hour of him gone, my heart breaks because I wonder 'What is he doing RIGHT now?'
I'm LOVING the new rhythm of our family's new morning routines. Up at 6:30. Showers. Get dressed. Homemade breakfasts (so far). A little play time. Then out the door shortly after Dad goes to work. It's a great way to start a happy and productive day for all of us.
And I'm FREAKED OUT! Really? Are you sure we're at this point already? No way. My kid? Off to school? When I met with the principal and teachers the week before I wondered if they would take me seriously--I barely take myself seriously. Am I really here? Old enough to be doing Parent/Teacher Conferences, Volunteering in classrooms, packing lunches, chaperoning field trips, ordering corsages for Prom? AHHHH!
-----
Somehow this doesn't feel real.
Do you ever feel like you're just playing house?




3 comments:
I really am just playing house. I'm pretty sure of it. :)
yeah for Carter. This is such a big step in his life. My daughter has been in preschool since September and I still get sad about her growing up too fast and missing her during the time she is at school. It makes us great moms :), You will have to tell me all about his new school sometime.
What a big step! Sounds like it is a great one. I can see how it is sad too. My mom says it is all about Roots and Wings. The roots part seems to be much easier than the wings part, but imagine how amazing our children will be if we give them the right mix of the two!
Post a Comment