How would you respond if last week your husband sends you a text that says
"I have to go to Jamaica on Monday, and will be home right before Christmas."
.....uhhhhhh.....
Well, turns out his business trip was good timing anyways. The kids and I have finished up all the Christmas plans and some extras we hadn't done yet. Yes, I confess that means
- Lots of errands.
- Some small crafts thrown in the midst to make me feel better about myself as a mom.
- Some homemade projects under the tree to feel more traditional.
- Some cookie plates whose only evidence left are the crumbs and cards.
- And my sister in town, so we've been entertained by her family and the grandparents for the last half of the week!
But how would you respond when all your hopes and dreams for a white Christmas are being dashed by the weather man...and seconded by views like this that your husband sends you from his resort condo:
Yep, looks like all of the Chicagoland area ... and Jamaica ... will only be
"Dreaming of a White Christmas."
But at least it won't be blue.
Steve made it home just fine.




1 comment:
Yeah, well in my house my husband is home, I have 3 capable children, and we almost cleaned the house -- but we didn't. And Christmas?!? WHEN'S THAT?!?
Post a Comment