I admit it...I, and about a bizzillion fifty-year-old ladies, went to go see the Donny and Marie Christmas Concert downtown Chicago. It was opening night, and we got free orchestra seat tickets...and, well, what would you say? No, to a perfectly good reason to go on a festive date with your husband?
Well, let's just say I had to delicately approach the subject with Steve. Somehow, "Hey, do you want to go to a Donny and Marie Osmond concert" wasn't going to catch his attention as much as, "Guess what I got? Free tickets, this Tuesday, Orchestra seating, Oriental Theater, Christmas concert. -- oh yeah Donny and Marie."
Of course we laugh and giggle, kind of embarrassed that we are about to join the throngs of older ladies who yes, were kissing anything Donny related in sight -- the posters, the marquee, the live cutouts in the lobby...and let's not mention the lady that grabbed him and pulled him into her aisle while he was singing amidst the audience!
But putting the generation gap aside, it was actually a really really fun concert and YES, totally confirmed the Christmas Spirit!! And, as Donny was my neighbor for 6 years, Steve didn't mind waiting after the show to say hello. Glad we've still got it. It was fun to see him -- and the show.
10 months ago





1 comment:
Ha! I love the "oh yeah Donny and Marie" part. Too funny. Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment