Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trick or Treating for Books!

Our church is participating in a book drive through November.  After going through all our books, we found 2.  Boring.  (we'd just done a Good Will drop off...so much for timing!)

But then I had that inkling.   
"But You Can Do More."  
And I knew that I could.

So Carter and I made up a flyer, went to Dominicks to get paper bags, and then we went throughout our neighborhood delivering the bags and flyers for donations.  We'd be back this Saturday.
They had a system!  Carter put the bag down, and Addison put the rocks on top to keep it from blowing away!
Today was pick up day!  We woke up so excited, it was hard to even get breakfast in before pick-up time!

We just came home from our first pick up, and we got 108 books!!!!  And that's just SO FAR!

All the books are going to Bernies Book Bank, who will deliver the books to at-need families for the holidays!  I can't tell you how AWESOME it is getting my kids involved in this service project, and reaching out to my neighbors as well!

2 comments:

Stephanee said...

That is AMAZING!

the Rowleys said...

I love the way you think! Wow, you come up with the best ideas, I would have never thought to do it.