Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Safety FHE

In case you were looking for a Halloween idea for Family Home Evening tonight, consider using this story that teaches Halloween Safety Tips.  While Sugardoodle.com has an original version of it, I changed it up (a lot) to something I liked a lot better.

I posted the whole story on FiveRealMoms.com.  Click here to go directly to that post.  It's a cute story about 6 Halloween Ghosts that practice their safety rules:

Rule #1 Go with a friend,
Someone who stays with you until the very end.

Rule #2 Never talk to a stranger;
You’ll never know where there is danger.

Rule #3 When you go trick or treating, watch the traffic.
With this rule I can’t be more graphic.

Rule #4 Go trick or treating like a pro,
Only go to the houses of people you know.

Rule #5 Remember your manners, say thank you and please.
This will put your neighbors at ease.

Rule #6 Is a rule that can’t be beat.
Look at your treats before you eat.

This makes a fun FHE lesson, or you can incorporate it into your preschool or Homeschool lesson.  Thursday we're doing this in our preschool.  And after teaching about these kinds of ghosts, I'm going to show them their very own ghosts that follow them around all the time: THEIR SHADOWS!

1 comment:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Thanks for the tips and ps Carter pretty much rules as a photographer. Need to get him over here to take our family pics. :)

Pps - thanks for the clarification about the text! I don't have Steve's cell programmed in my phone so I pretty much had no clue what it was talking about. :)