Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Mystery Mums

Fall 2010:  Bought mums on sale.  Perfect fall flower.  Splash of color near everyone's entrance.  Threw some in a pot, and why not--Let's just stick some here in the ground for the season.  No big deal.
April '11:  What IS that green thing coming up?  Agh, weeds.  Pull, pull, pull.  Throw away.  Throw away.  Throw awa--Uh oh, what if that was a plant?  Do Mums come back year after year?  Huh.  Maybe.  Well, maybe I'll just sneak this one back in the dirt and see.
May '11:  Really? It's still growing...huh...who knew?
And by Oct '11:

I didn't even know they would come back!  Not even a clue.  Which explains how 5 other plants fell victim to the weeding casualty.  Oh well.  I'm happy with what I have!

2 comments:

Braden and Cheri said...

Oh my gorgeousness!! I want those!!! How I love them...

Molly said...

That is so funny. And so beautiful!