Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Great Father's Day(s)

What was meant to be a few-hour dinner and game night turned out to be a 48-hour party!
Our Father's Day Plans:  Go to my parents after church on Sunday to share a Father's Day together, and come home late that night!

Our Actual Father's Day
  1. Went to my parents after church on Sunday.
  2. Grilled Fillet Mignon on the Grill (thanks Dad!)
  3. Made Rolls, Corn on the Cob, Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus, and Fruit Salad to go with it. (YUM!)
  4. Jumped on the Trampoline for hours.
  5. Stayed up REALLY late playing fun games together, WITH Blueberry Apple Crisp for dessert
  6. Sleeping over, vowing to go home early the next day.
  7. Staying all day, going to the children's museum, and coming back that night to play MORE games.
  8. Sleeping over, vowing to go home early the next day.
  9. Going to the beach early in the morning, and staying until noon.
  10. Finally leaving on Tuesday at 5 PM.
We had SUCH great family bonding time that I wouldn't trade it for the world.

However, our brand new goldfish didn't seem to fare so well in our absence.  Perhaps this is why I'm not ready for pets in our family.

Sorry goldfish.

4 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

And then you made it to Enrichment (wrong name I know, but old habits die hard) so really you rock! What a fun, FUN, spontaneous time for y'all! Consider me jealous (in a good way).

And so funny about the ice cream - I got so excited about reading that post thinking, "Only ONE ingredient?!" But, yep, you're right - you lost me. :)

Katie said...

I love that last picture!

Kerri said...

Don't forget about the custom designed plate the kids made for me...Note: markers are toxic thus plate is for display purposes only.

Love it anyway!

S

Ashley said...

What cute pictures! I'm always jealous of your awesome pics. :)