Elder L. Tom Perry, one of the 12 apostles in our day, came to visit our stake at the beginning of June. The boys were excited to meet him, and Carter's proud that he got to shake his hand...twice.
When he snuck back in line, Elder Perry laughed and said, "I already met you, and I'm happy to meet you again!"
It was cool for the boys to see the guy we watch on TV at General Conference time. The guys that we learn about and show pictures of as the Lord's chosen servants. I felt a little light bulb go off for Carter that, "Wow, he's real."
I didn't get a picture of my kids meeting Elder Perry, but I did snap this of one of our church friends.
I appreciated his talk, and it was a wonderful treat to hear from him for 45 minutes instead of the typical 15 we get at General Conference. He had us all laughing, including the kids, though when Steve asked Carter what he talked about (because yes, he was back in Puerto Rico) his response was, "I don't know, it was kind of confusing...but he had a cow!" Yes, he told the story about him wanting a pet so badly growing up, and his parents finally agreed, so as to teach the kids work and responsibility. Dad came home with a Cow...."I hated that cow," was Elder Perry's remark! It was really funny. He taught us the principal and value of work, how our kids will have to work harder than we've had to, that in these economic times, our children will be taxed even more than we are now, and we may not be able to financially provide for them as our parents have to us. They need to learn the skills, values, and ethics in order to afford what is ahead.
9 months ago






1 comment:
Thank you for mentioning the jobchart! We love it too. :)
Post a Comment