Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I need a nap

I like Mashed Potatoes, but I certainly don't want my mind resembling them. I'm so tired, I feel like my brain is mush...I'm so strained when it comes to making decisions, exciting conversations. Thank you for your patience, oh dear blog followers, and even more for you friends who call and after hanging up thinking, "Um, that was wierd..." yeah, I know...I'll come around right after my nap, in 3 months...at least I hope lack of sleep is the right diagnosis and not just social retardation....yikes.

6 comments:

the Rowleys said...

I totally know what you are talking about! Glad I'm not the only one. :)

Katie said...

I can come play with your kids so you can take a nap whenever you want me to! Seriously!

Jennie said...

I think when we are old and gray is when we will finally catch up on our sleep. :) JUst remember how precious this time is with your little angel and how fast it flies by and it is all worth being tired.

Baby Oven said...

I love the conversations that we have! I also know for a fact that you become a whole new woman the first full night's rest you get after having a baby. It's like a light goes on in your brain that restores it to it's original functioning capabilities. That is assuming you had full function to begin with. :)

Kerri said...

True, Christie ;) So I did some research (at least I didn't forget how to TRY to use my brain) and found this:

Research has now provided proof that during the last trimester particularly, a woman's brain actually shrinks - some say between 3-5 percent and others say between 4-8 percent. Regardless which percentage group you choose, the fact remains that something happens within the brain of a pregnant woman which causes her brain to shrink in size when she's pregnant. The same studies show how that brain size returns between a few weeks to a few months after the birth of the baby.

Then it went on to also blame this all on 1) lack of sleep 2)lack of iron and 3) hormones...this could be why I forgot to turn the burner down to "simmer" and burned the rice tonight.

The Burgoynes said...

Yup, it's a fact -- pregnant women and mothers of newborns are social retards, and you do really stupid things. If I let go of the pride and named all those stupid things I did outloud, someone would have put me in an institution already!