Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fly Lady's Got Nothin' on Me

Spring. Glorious Spring. It's what calls me to action! So when the temps soared to the 50's and 60's yesterday and today, I took FULL advantage!
1) Washed all the upstairs windows--inside and out (it rained last night, so now they are spotted again. Oh well, I still was ushering in the sunshine)
2) Vaccumed and Dusted all the upstairs
3) Did 4 loads of laundry
4) Went on 4 walks with my kids (Around the neighborhood with Carter's Tricycle twice, Around the lake once, around our block once with Carter's training wheel bike--during this walk at dusk, Carter said he wanted to go inside "Never Never Never, and just stay here and see all these beautiful stars"!)
5) Went to the Zoo (sorry, the pics with the animals, just didn't turn out so bloggable)
6) Went to the Park to play on slides with friends
7) Washed the car (even though it's going to rain all day tomorrow)



8) Washed the nasty salt/dirt/snowy grit off the garage floor (even though snow is forecasted later this week)
9) Had the Windows open and the heat OFF! (Take that Nicor Gas!)

And aside from the Zoo--which we did on Saturday--that was all within the last 36 hours and aside from all the other things I normally do! We got 2 days of spring and I was not going to waste it!
I'm going to bed now with soar muscles, but a rejuvinated spirit!
Don't think I can take the 30's and 40's again? Bring it on! I've soaked up the sun!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I need some of your energy at my house!! I can't believe you did all that. It's was nice here last week, but it has since started snowing again. Dang...

Molly said...

Um, it was in the 50s today. I was cold. I would never survive Chicago. I'm a wimp.

Hugh Family said...

you are super mom! I can barely get a load of laundry done during the day, and don't get me started on the baseboards that have been needing a deep clean for the last 3 months that i haven't gotten to.
yes, you are definitely SUPER MOM!

W.W. said...

You GO Girl! Keep on workin' that sunshine!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way when the nice weather hits and the sun is shining. Just wish my body could greet it with as much enthusiasm as yours!! Tell Carter thanks for sharing his Trike ride with Grandma on her voice mail it made me smile and laugh!!
XOXOXOXO
Grandma M.