Love to Hear From You

BloggingWithKerri@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Adventurous Moms of the Year

Phone rings at 10:15...'What do you want to do today?" "I don't know...any thoughts?" "Whatever, I just have to get out of my house"...45 minutes later...5 kids, 5 carseats, 2 double strollers, 2 Moms, and packed lunches are headed out for our Grand Adventure!

With Carter, Addison and Leah in the back, Parker and Zach were thouroughly entertained.
Carter, Addison, and Leah enjoying the Jim Gill CD
And then Addison discovered he could chew on his toes :)

Carter, Addison and I went with Lindsay and her kids to the Shedd Aquarium. And for a free day at the museum, it was not busy at all, giving Carter and Leah PLENTY of space to see the fish, and do a lot of running around.


I'm so impressed with everything Carter learned and could tell his Daddy when we got home (especially because it looked like he was just running around and around)! He told him all about:
  • the Jellyfish that changed colors,
  • the Seahorses bobbing up and down,
  • and the School of Fish we saw (his new favorite phrase...he even got his cars lined up..."Look, they're a school of fish!"),
  • and his crackers during dinner were swimming like stingrays.
  • When I thought he was only looking at the jetted waterfall at the Blue Iguana Exhibit, oh no, he apparently was paying attention becuase he told Steve all about what the iguanas were doing and could do quite the impression of them on the rocks!
And to top it off...I happened to run into Heather--My next door neighbor growing up who I've been friends with since I was 3. Why didn't we take a picture?

It was a FUN day! So much for the laundry and tubs that thought they'd be attended to, but it sure was FUN to be spontaneous!

4 comments:

Tauna said...

I love the spontaneity. Sounds fun! It makes me want to take Claire back to our aquarium. No free days here. Last time we went we got a discount so it was only?? $17. Although I am super excited about our upcoming Free Day at Disneyland. I can't wait to take Claire.

Hugh Family said...

This whole adventure thing is totally you! I love it!

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

Yea for being spontaneous! I;ve learned the value of getting out of the house. After staying in doors for 6 weeks Mark and I are ready for some adventures too! Call me whenever you need to do something fun!

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

Yea for being spontaneous! I;ve learned the value of getting out of the house. After staying in doors for 6 weeks Mark and I are ready for some adventures too! Call me whenever you need to do something fun!